LITERATURE, CULTURE & LANGUAGE
Compelled by the current situation in Cuba, since Presidents Barack Obama and Raúl Castro announced their mutual intentions to reactivate the relationship between the United States and Cuba, faculty from the Department of Literatures, Cultures & Languages created a Cuban Studies Group. The group utilizes its expertise in the service of the UConn community by providing advice and consultations on cultural matters.
The following courses frequently offer a strong “Cuba” component when taught by Professor Casamayor-Cisneros or Professor Loss. It is recommended you contact Casamayor-Cisneros or Loss beforehand if Cuba is your interest.
- Spanish 3207 Women’s Studies in Spanish
- Spanish 3214 Topics in Hispanic Cultures
- Spanish 3250 (online) Film in Spain and Latin America
- Span 3251 Latin American Film
- Span 3254 Special Topics in Latin American National Cinemas
- Spanish 3260 Studies in Spanish-American Literature
- Span 3265 Literature of Puerto Rico and the Spanish Caribbean
Topics may vary, contact Professor Casamayor-Cisneros or Professor Loss prior to taking course to confirm “Cuba” is part of the content.
- Span 6402 Studies in Spanish-American Literature
- Span 6405 Special Topics in Twentieth-Century Spanish-American Literature and Cultural Production
- Span 6416 Theoretical Debates and the Hispanic Tradition